June 10, 2011 Leave a comment
Oliver Louis Conner, Jr., passed away on Tuesday, June 7, 2011.
He was a member of
- Zaman Grotto (this body);
- the Order of the Amaranth (Faith Court);
- Penn Chapter, Eureka Council & St. Elmo Commandery (York Rite bodies meeting at the Masonic Temple at 4th & Court);
- a past Master of Normal Lodge (which later merged with Unity Lodge);
- a 32nd Degree Knight Commander of the Court of Honor at the Memphis Valley, Scottish Rite;
- a Past Patron of the Order of the Eastern Star (Oakville Chapter);
- and active in the Al Chymia Shrine Hospital Staff.
He will be missed. Please remember his wife Betty and their family in your prayers.
Obit as published (errors left as they were):
Oliver Louis Conner, Jr., 64, of Memphis, went to be with the Lord on June 7, 2011. He was the son of Oliver Louis, Sr. and Frances Conner and was born on January 14, 1947. He was a graduate of Southside High School and had been an Architect for about 30 years. Louis was very active in the Masonic Organizations serving as past Master of the Unity Lodge #95, the 32nd Degree KCCH Scottish Rite, and was also a member of the Al Chymia Shrine where he was on the hospital staff. He enjoyed driving the hospital van carrying the children to the Shriners Hospital. He was Past Patron of the Order of the Eastern Star – Oakville Chapter #265 and the Order of the Faith Court #15.
He leaves his wife of 15 years, Betty Laird Conner; two daughters, Lisa Hellman (Chris) and Nancy Sparks (Greg, Sr.); two granddaughters, Shannon Sparks and Gabriella-Elizabeth Hellman; four grandsons, Timothy Hellman, Joseph Hellman, Greg Sparks, Jr. and James Sparks. He also leaves his mother, Frances Conner and three sisters, Becky Roberson, Janet Conner and Holly Conner.
The family will receive friends from 5-8 p.m. Friday, June 10, and funeral services will be 10 a.m. Saturday, June 11, both at Family Funeral Care in Memphis. Interment will follow in Memphis Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens – Germantown Road. Memorials may directed to the Al Chymia Shrine Hospital Transportation.
Family Funeral Care 901-761-8000 www.familyfuneralmemphis.com
Published in The Commercial Appeal on June 9, 2011